Jun 23, 2009

life at the of 3 years of college

Life seems so different suddenly......

After 3 long( or short?) years, college is finally done with but never imagined it could leave such a void in life...considering it lasted only 4hours max on the most strenuous of days, why is it that it feels like suddenly nothing's happening?
Surely i do enjoy the bliss of sleeping in, making myself a nice cuppa tea on a lazy morning-just-touching-the-noon, and sitting on the sofa with the army of newspapers taking forever to read em at leisure...and having not to worry about travelling through the pollution and sun or struggling with clothes early in the morning!
but funnily i miss the same things! I miss getting up early in the morning and zipping on my scooty catching the early morning breeze on my face on the way to college..I miss those coffee sessions in the break..miss the excitement of wearing new clothes to college and waiting for reactions, of activities and the whole 'buzz' going about all the time ...above all i miss that carefree (or careless?) feeling of just following a set course of life and having nothing to decide..

Now as I write this,I stand at what looks like a big, vast horizon with many possibilities on the other end.. My mind is waging its own wars inside...about things to do, decide...The classic dilemma- whether to study further..if yes then what..which college..how to apply..on the the other hand lies the sweet-looking prospect of landing a job, making some money and finally being independent! But then in these dull times ( i avoid mentioning the R word!), the best jobs that a Grad seems to be snapping is " international process executive" ( call center employee in other words) or a "Business Development Manager" wherein the job entails hopping from client-to-client plugging them your products and making sales! How i am not cut for these jobs! arrogance ? no...just that I want to work at a place which requires a lil more of my brains , my creativity and not just a mouth and a "2-wheeler" to sell things...In effect I have wanted to work at an Ad agency ever since I can remember harboring a serious career ambition and ill do anything to get a job in one ( Umm ok not anything)! but seems the financial drought has touched these too, for I have already been rejected by a half-good Ad company! ( or maybe I'm just not good enough for them? hmm i shall have a separate post on that)


Apart from career issues, There's a lull in social life as well....No more SMSing friends as often as you did in college catching up on classes, attendance, things to do etc..My outstation Friends have already left to their natives post college..and the remaining ones are probably in the same boat as me...basically in a few months , we'll be all scattered all over the world,doing our own thing...


Apart from that ,well my birthday is coming up,never really considered it a big deal and let it remain a rather low-key affair most of the years, so this yr too probably will spend the day with the less-privileged children and feel useful for having made a difference to a life even if for a day...

My newly-adopted daughters (ok "my bitches" sounds rude) are well over 2 months now and do a pretty good job of keeping me running after them yanking my things out of their mouths, unsuccessfully trying to see they dont pee/poop in my room , the works...but they keep me busy and happy and that's important these days...

Hmmm......I guess that's the way cookie crumbles !
( no not my dog cookie...that's a phrase meaning that's the way life turns out )

No comments: